StrainsCCAP currently maintains over 2500 strains of algae and protozoa:
- a wide range of microalgal taxa, including the cyanobacteria small thalloid red algae
- a range of small multicellular seaweeds, including over 300 strains of Ectocarpus
- free-living non-pathogenic protozoa
- a small number of ACDP Class II, potentially pathogenic protozoa (all Acanthamoeba spp.)
CCAP provides a wide range of services in addition to maintaining the collection and supplying cultures. Please contact us for more information on any of the following:
- Identification – microscopic and molecular sequencing
- DNA extracts from algal cultures
- Starter cultures for aquaculture and biotechnology
- Cultures for ecotoxicity and biocide testing
- Patent Depository
- Confidential Depository for commercially valuable strains
- Algal mass cultures
- Taxonomy where appropriate
- Cryopreservation of algae and protozoa
- Fundamental and applied contract research
- SAMS/CCAP short courses; customized training courses may also be possible
- Morphometrics – we can measure and photograph cells, contact us with your requirements.
How to Order
Our complete guide, including information on ordering pathogens, and our Terms and Conditions of Sale.
View strain data (for live and archived CCAP strains) and purchase strains and media via our online Catalogue.
Access & Benefit Sharing
Read our information for both depositors and strain users about the Nagoya Protocol and the CBD (Convention on Biological Diversity).